Fennel Essential Oil
Used for centuries in a variety of applications, fennel is known for its distinct licorice flavor and aroma. Today, Fennel oil can be used for culinary purposes as well as internally to promote a healthy respiratory system,* healthy digestion,* and more. This unique oil holds many beneficial characteristics for the body, while providing the user with a sweet, distinctive scent.
- One of the most common uses for fennel seeds, fennel flavoring, and Fennel essential oil is in the kitchen. Due to the potent, flavorful nature of Fennel oil, it can add a savory, strong flavor to a variety of unique dishes. If you want to harness the flavor of Fennel in your cooking, consider adding a toothpick's amount to homemade sausage or soup for an authentic anise flavor.
- Did you know that Fennel essential oil can be taken orally to help with digestion?* To experience these Fennel essential oil benefits, simply add a drop or two to water.
- The naturally sweet flavor of Fennel essential oil can be useful when trying to avoid processed sugar and sweets. The chemical makeup of Fennel includes Trans anethole, a monoterpene that is 13 times sweeter than table sugar. To utilize these benefits of Fennel oil, take a drop of Fennel in water or green juice to help fight sweet tooth cravings.*
- If you are feeling sluggish or bloated, take Fennel oil internally, as it may help to promote healthy metabolism, liver function, and circulation.* When taken internally, Fennel essential oil may also help support the health of the lungs and respiratory tract.* To take Fennel oil internally, add a few drops to water or another beverage.
- Looking for another way to use Fennel essential oil for cooking? Fennel goes great with dips and salads when you want to add a sharp, flavorful element to your dish. Add a toothpick's amount to white bean dips and cucumber salads for digestive benefits and a savory flavor. Remember, when using essential oils for cooking, start small. Even a toothpick’s amount can add a lot of flavor to your dish, so start with the bare minimum, and add more essential oils as you go to ensure that the flavor of the oil doesn’t overpower the meal.
- Need an extra push to get things done? Diffusing Fennel essential oil can help give you the sense of focus needed to be productive. To take advantage of the energizing aroma of Fennel oil, diffuse in your home or office to encourage a productive day.
- Applied topically, Fennel oil can be calming and soothing to many areas of the body, including the skin. For a calming, soothing topical effect, directly apply Fennel oil to the skin. If you are worried about skin sensitivity, dilute the Fennel oil to avoid any skin irritation.
- In ancient Rome, warriors were said to have eaten Fennel to prepare them for war, and make them strong. Like the Romans, you can easily apply the energizing and confidence-building benefits of Fennel oil in your everyday life. To promote feelings of courage and confidence, put one to two drops of Fennel essential oil in the palm and inhale.